french
Fort Defiance
Constructed of earth and logs, at the junction of the Maumee and Auglaize Rivers, Fort Defiance had a block-house at each angle connected by a line of pickets. It was here on August 2, 1812, that William Henry Harrison arrived to take command from General James Winchester, and convince the mutinous Kentucky Militia not to pack up and go home.
Index

previouscontinue